yeahhh budday, an awesome healthy banana bread that does not taste like its healthy. in fact, it tastes pretty close to normal banana bread. it’s dense, packed with flavour, and just a little sweet. love it!
Original recipe from fat free vegan kitchen.
3 or 4 really over ripe nanners (bananas)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup soymilk OR applesauce
1/2 cup agave nectar or honey
2 cups flour, i used one white, one whole wheat.
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
for extra fun, add in 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen.
1. Preheat oven to three-fiddy (350F) and grease a loaf pan.
2. If using soymilk, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice to it and let it sit until it curldes. It’s like 5 minutes.
If not, mash your bananas in a large bowl and add the lemon juice, applesauce and agave/honey. You can even throw in a dash of vanilla if you like.
3. In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add and mix in to the wet ingredients.
4. Fold in blueberries, chocolate chips, toasted walnuts (mmmmm walnuts..) or anything other add-ins you like, NOW.
5. Spread the mixture into your loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. It should get 100% on the toothpick test when it’s done.
6. Let it cool, spread with some delectable spread (like nutella! …… or something healthy and vegan) and eat! 😀
(this makes an awesome breakfast bread too.)