creates great, chewy, suuuper tasty oatmeal cookies.
oatmeal raisin cookies are out like atkins, so chocolate chips and toasted walnuts are my add-in of choice. heeeavenly.
You need: (this is for 42 cookies, so if you have this problem like i do where you could eat about 20 oatmeal cookies before even realizing it, feel free to 1/2 it)
1 cup soft butter
1 cup of beautiful brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups quick oats
optional 1 cup chocolate chips and/or 1 cup chopped and toasted walnuts. yuuuhhuuuummm.
1. Preheat oven to 325F and set up cookie sheets with a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter and both sugars. Beat in eggs one at a time, andddd vanilla.
3. Combine the dry stuff (flour, baking soda and salt) in a seperate bowl and gradually mix into the buttery sugar mixture.
4. Here’s the fun part. Wooooo, get your strongest baking arms on! Mix in the oats and your tasty add-ins, 1 cup at a time. It’s going get sticky and heavy and difficult, but you can do it!
5. Roll into whatever-size-you-like balls or drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet, and bake for abouttt 12 minutes. Let ’em cool, and then enjoy the soft chewy oatiness in all it’s glory.
God, i love cookies!
want to step ’em up? try these sweet kitchen sink cookies.