My favourite recipe for dense, almost fudgy blondies.
If you’ve never had a blondie, it’s like a mix of brownie (with no chocolate) and bar cookie with a lick of caramel-toffee taste to it.
Smitten Kitchen‘s Infinitely Adaptable Blondies
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
1 cup flour
(Honest to goodness, i’m not sure if i’ve ever made anything easier. This recipe has the potential to go from your brain to in the oven in 5 minutes. Assuming your oven heats up quick enough.)
1. Line an 8×8 pan with tin foil. Or you can just grease it, i always use foil because it means one less pan to clean.
Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Mix the melted butter with brown sugar, and beat with a hand-mixer until smooth.
Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
3. Add your pinch of salt, and stir in flour. i use a wooden spoon or spatula for this.
4. Mix in your delicious add-ins.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and level it out. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the middle is set (doesn’t wiggle).
i went closer to 25 minutes, but that’s because my apartment oven likes to screw with my mind and underbake random things.
6. You’re supposed to let these little lovelies cool completely before cutting into them, if that slows you down at all.
- straight chocolate chips, if you want the caramel taste to really shine.
- pieces of Skor or Heath chocolate covered toffee.
- rolos pushed into the top when it’s still warm.
- coconut, other nuts, and every flavour of chip you can think of. pb chips, cinnachips.. chocolate chips..
you can add almost anything to these blonde bombshells.
i hope you like them! 😀
ok, that’s a joke, i already know you will.
shown: white chocolate chunk and macadamia nut blondies.