Wayyy too @#*! good and easy to throw together. Serve it with ice cream, and you will impress anyone. Even vicious mother-in-laws (mine is awesome, but i assume somebody out there has a MIL that will always believe her precious son could have done better).
You need: (this is a 1/2 recipe for an 8 x 8 pan, feel free to double it)
5 apples, peeled and sliced. i use gala or granny smith.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp flour
scant tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8 x 8 pan with tinfoil (a 9 x 13 if you’re doubling the recipe).
2. Place the sliced apples in your pan. Mix together the sugar, cinnamon and 1 tbsp flour, and cover the apples with this yumminess. Pour the 1/4 cup of water evenly over the apples.
3. Mix together the oats, 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, baking soda and powder anddddddd the butter. Mush it all together and crumble overtop of the apples.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes. you want golden, cooked and mushy apples, not burnt and just disgusting apples.
5. Serve it up in a cute bowl with vanilla bean ice cream, this dessert is just fantaabulouuuus!