i don’t know what it is about my banana bread, its nothing special, but people go bonkers over it. you could even say they go bananas for it (har har..).
all i’m sayin’ is that when you hear “it’s better than my mom’s” through a mouthful on a regular basis, you know its pretty good.
1/2 cup of butter.
2 eggs, beaten.
1 cup sugar.
3 super ripe and gross bananas.
2 cups flour. you can use both all-purpose or one whole wheat, one all-purpose.
1/4 tsp salt.
1 tsp baking soda.
1/3 cup hot water
chopped walnuts. about 3/4 cup.
a whooole lotta chocolate chips. (probably about a cup, i always mix semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 325F, and lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. Melt the butter. Add sugar, and cream together. It will nottt be pretty.
3. Add beaten eggs and mashed banana to the mixture. A potato masher is my weapon of choice for this.
Mix until smooooth. (i love when i get a lump of banana in a big bite though, so i don’t make it like.. peanut butter smooooooth)
4. Add in flour(s), baking soda and salt. Combine.
5. Lastly, add in the hot water and deliciousness (walnuts and chocolate chips).
6. Mix it up in thurrr, and pour batter into either 1 or 2 loaf pans. Yup. i don’t know how that works, but it does. Must be 2 smaller pans….? Yeah, i dunno.
7. Bake for about an hour for the smaller loaves, and 1 hour 10 minutes for 1 gigantaloaf.
If it doesn’t get 100% on the toothpick test, that’s ok. But it should still be.. 75%
8. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a plate/cooling rack.
Then, smother in nutella, and just enjoy. And photograph!