Angela from Oh She Glows’ fabulously tasty and healthy pancakes.
they have a peanut butter swirl! and wholesome ingredients! and a peanut butter swirl! 😀
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup skim, almond or soy milk
for the peanut butter swirl:
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1-2 tbsp applesauce
throw in a spoonful of nutella in, if you’re feeling ballsy.
for a spiced-up syrup:
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Pretttty basic. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Beat in egg and milk, seperately.
3. While you’re preheating your griddle/skillet, mix together your pb swirl in a bowl, and transfer it to a ziploc bag. Cut off a tip of the ziploc, and boom! Insta-icingbag! (i know that’s not catchy at all, but what else am i going to call it? Insta-delicious works too i guess.)
4. Pour a ladle of pancake batter onto the griddle. Now get right in there and pipe on a swirl of the peanut butter mixture, you’ll have to be faasst. This is actually a fun breakfast to tag-team.
5. Cook the pancake until you have bubbles coming up on the uncooked side, and flip. Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
6. Brush the pancakes with the coconutty syrup, if you’re using it. Or just drown them in it, like i do. Top with shredded coconut and stuff yo’ face!