my favourite protein pancakes!
these bad boys pack in over 30 grams of protein for about 330 tasty calories and 20 g of carbs.
thanks to susan for the recipe.
1 30g scoop of protein powder (i use vanilla or unflavoured)
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp baking soda
1 packet of stevia (optional)
1 small boatload of cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup milk or almond milk
1. Whisk together dry ingredients.
2. Add vanilla, egg whites and milk. Mix together.
3. Pour a ladle of batter onto a medium-heat frying pan or griddle, greased with cooking spray.
4. Now is a good time to add fun toppings. Chocolate chips, banana, coconut, chocolate chips, walnuts, blueberries, chocolate..
5. Cook until little bubbles form and pop on the uncooked side, flip, and cook for another minute or two.
Great nutrional stats!
If you make them with almond milk, it’s only 250 calories for the whole recipe. (i imagine its a bit more with skim cows milk, probably closer to 330 calories.)