if you have ever felt like something was missing in your chocolate chip cookie, i have the answer. it’s a cream cheese filling.
these are my favourite cookie. and out of all the things jordan and i have made, all the bars, breads, brownies, cakes, cheesecakes, cupcakes, and cookies, these are his numero uno favourite.
recipe from bakingbites.
The recipe and ingredients for your fave chocolate chip cookie, like this one here, or if you want to make it really quick and painless, the Pillsbury slice and bake cookies.
6 oz cream cheese (not quite a whole package) at room temp
2 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Prepare cookie dough. Don’t bake it though, take the raw, unbaked (delicious) cookie dough and divide into 2 equal parts.
2. Shape the dough into two big logs, wrap ’em up in parchment paper and let them hang out in the fridge for 1-2 hours. We’re impatient, so we just stuck it in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
3. Make the cream cheese filling by simply beating together the ingredients (cream cheese, white choc, sugar, vanilla).
4. Preheat the oven to 350F. Slice up your cookie dough logs, into 8 or so cookies. Flatten each cookie into a disc, it should be about 3-4 inches across.
5. Plop a tbsp or so of the cream cheese mixture into the middle of the cookie. If you can, fold up the edges of the cookie to cover it. If not, simply take another cookie disc, lay it over top and pinch the two cookies together to seal.
But definitely go the folding-up-the-edges way if you can make it happen.
6. Place the cookies on a parchment papered baking sheet or silicone baking sheet, and bake 15-18 minutes. If you used 2 cookies to make 1 gigantor cookie, it should bake for about 20 minutes, maybe more.
7. Let cool and get your tastebuds psyched for a taaaasty, super satisfying cookie.