These things are so simple, SO good and chocolatey, and an awesome way to get rid of rice krispies.
4 mars bars
1/2 cup butter
2 cups rice krispies
milk chocolate chips
1. You can probably see how this is going to go. Melt the Mars Bars and butter/margarine together in a pot over low heat.
2. When that mixture is smooth, remove it from the heat and stir into the rice krispies, until completely covered.
3. Press the chocolatey stuff into a pan, an 8×8 will work. Pour chocolate chips all over the top.
4. Set your oven to ‘broil’. It should be at a ridiculously high temp, like 450-500F. Once it’s warm, put your chocolate chip covered rice krispies in. It’s only going to be like 30 seconds-1 minute, but watch until the chocolate chips are melted/melting, and pull it out. You can turn the oven off.
5. Use a knife or a spatula to spread the melted chocolate chips and make a nice little icing! (you can also just melt the chocolate chips in a pot, one handful at a time so they don’t burn and harden, and spread them like icing.)
6. Keep it in the fridge and enjoy a cold chocolatey bite whenever the mood strikes.
* I made this for a big 50th anniversary party and it was a huge hit! 😀
all i did was press the rice krispies into a ’50’ cake mold, melt the chocolate chips and spread them over top, and chop up m&ms to sprinkle on top. the m&m powder looked like confetti among the big chocolaty pieces.