please excuse the god-awful photo. my skills have really developed since i made these (around Halloween ‘o9…..)
these little babies arrive and impress. chocolatey and cream cheesy, not to mention adorable and fun to make!
original recipe: bakerella (love her!)
1 package oreo cookies. (leave out 5-7 for decorating)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese.
white chocolate bark or wafers.
yup, only 3 ingredients. AWESOME!
1. Crush up the oreo cookies, either in a food processor or in a really sturdy ziploc with your hands/feet. No, you cannot use pre-crushed ‘chocolate cookie crumbs’ because they don’t have the extra icing to make them stick.
2. Once they’re nicely crushed, put them in a bowl and add the cream cheese. Get all up in there with your hands and mush them together until you can’t see cream cheese.
3. Roll the mixture into balls and place on a parchment papered cookie sheet.
4. Melt the chocolate bark over low heat. There should be nooo clumpies.
5. This is super fun. Place a choco ball of tastiness on a spoon, and dip in the melted chocolate. Tap off any excess and put back on the wax paper to cool off and let the chocolate harden. You’ll want to refrigerate them when they’ve cooled down and been decorated.
You can decorate these things like no tomorrow. With crushed leftover cookies, festive sprinkles, different coloured chocolate waferrrs… You’ll love them.