an easy, delicious, photogenic way to start off your sunday morning.
to mix things up, drop in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, coconut, nutella… i looove waiting until the batter is on the griddle, then sticking slices (or a few spoonfuls of mashed) banana in the batter. holy yum!
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
(don’t have buttermilk? i never do. pour out a scant cup and 3/4 of milk, add a tbsp and a half of vinegar to it, stir and let it sit for 5 minutes.)
2 tbsp butter (melted)
2 tsp vanilla
1. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, and salt.
2. In a seperate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, melted butter andddd yummy vanilla.
3. Add the wet stuff to the dry stuff, and mix. i usually end up using a whisk. It is totally okay/normal if the batter is a little lumpy when it’s all combined.
4. Preheat your griddle/frying pan to medium heat. Blast with Pam (or butter it, whatever toots your horn). Spoon out abouttt 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. i probably use more.
If you want fun add-ins like chocolate chips or mushy bites of banana, add ’em in right meow. (right meow being right after you’ve spooned out as many pancakes as you can)
5. Let ’em cook until little bubbles appear on the uncooked side. When you can lift them up, see if they’re a nice golden colour. Then get your spatula under them and flip.
6. Let them cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
7. Plate and eat! 😀
But hopefully you already knew that one.
TIP: To keep finished pancakes warm, put them on a baking sheet and place them in an oven set at a low heat (like 120F).