hay hay hayyy.
hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!
i just got home from dance, and decided to add 30 mins on the elliptical to my workout. woooo, burn fat, burn!
i think going back to dance was the best decision i’ve made this year.
making cream cheese stuffed chocolate chip cookies is definitely in the top 5 best decisions, but going back to dance tops it.
since going back to dance 2 weeks ago, i have:
- lost the 5 pounds that stressing and fretting about going back to dance, resulting in overeating, put on. so i’m back at my average 133 lbs.
- considered sending my bathroom scale to Mythbusters so they can blow it up on tv. seriously, every time i convince myself that it’s ok to step on the scale and know how much i weigh, that stupid number stays in my head for weeks and drives me a little bonkers. the scale is a great tool for some people, and i am not one of those people.
- ran a great 5K.
- developed some major muscle in my arms and tummy. honest to goodness, it looks like i’ve put on 3 or 4 pounds of muscle. in two weeks.
- developed more balanced, better eating habits. i feel like my relationship with food is changing, little by little. i’m starting to think of it more as delicious nutritious fuel, and not a comfort.
- gained confidence. bitches, i can hold all my body weight on one arm or dangling on one foot from a trapeze, i deserve some confidence! (sorry, you’re not actually bitches. and i know some readers could definitely kick my booty when it comes to strengthwork.)
that’s all i have to say today.
time to get my bake on! christmas is only… 5 weekends away! …… !!!!!!!!!!!!
up for today is Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffle Brownies (for my treat loving boss’s birthday) and Oatmeal Carmelitas (for Christmas baking).