I whipped up these blondies for Jordan’s 22nd birthday, and I had no idea what to expect.
They were awesome!
i know it looks like a cookie in bar form, but it is so much more than that.
You can expect a dense, fudge-brownie texture, with a smooth caramel-toffee taste from this recipe.
There are SO many things you can put into these blondies! Peanut butter chips, more toffee (possibly chocolate covered toffee), white chocolate, more chocolate, coconut, other nuts.. they are so adaptable!
Recipe from Smitten Kitchen.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
1 cup flour
(Honest to goodness, i’m not sure if i’ve ever made anything easier. This recipe has the potential to go from your brain to in the oven in 5 minutes. Assuming your oven heats up quick enough.)
1. Line an 8×8 pan with tin foil. Or you can just grease it, i always use foil because it means one less pan to clean.
Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Mix the melted butter with brown sugar, and beat with a hand-mixer until smooth.
Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
3. Add your pinch of salt, and stir in flour. i use a wooden spoon or spatula for this.
4. Mix in your delicious add-ins. i kept it basic and went with milk chocolate chips.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and level it out. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the middle is set (doesn’t wiggle).
i went closer to 25 minutes, but that’s because my apartment oven likes to screw with my mind and underbake random things.
6. You’re supposed to let these little lovelies cool completely before cutting into them, if that slows you down at all.